Tuesday 31 January 2012

Exploring landscapes

For homework this week, everyone in my art class was told to start observing the environments around them in preparation for taking a series of interesting landscape photographs. Although most people in London live in urban environments, I really love natural landscape photogrpahy and am in love with the landscape photography featured in Toast's clothing catalogues. I often browse through the Toast travels blog which is linked here http://www.toasttravels.co.uk/2011/10/03/life-lived-alone/ and a couple of weeks ago, I saw these photos on a post about some middle age guys experiences of living in a remote Welsh cottage. Apart from thier picturesque quality and the way they have of wanting you to become a farmer and deserting urban living, I also thought these photos were beautiful examples of landscape photography, capturing natural shapes and lines.

In response to these photos, I tried taking some landscape photos of my own in my garden. However, becaise I live in inner city London and don't exactly have as big a garden as the man from the blog, my ability to take landscape photographs was limited. I've posted a successful one of my garden on a Sunday afternoon below:




Because I realised my abilities to a take an interesting landscape photo were limited in Lodnon, I went to the most landscapey place I could think of which was Richmond Park, and took several different shots of landscapes. I've posted the best ones below:






No comments:

Post a Comment